HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ResistanceOnPSP! The best RR community.
To chat, login to the chatbox below.
To check your Resistance stats, or the stats of another player, simply click on the "Stats" tab.
The Store has been opened! Click here to see more info: Store info or click on the menu button! | Current store status: Open!
Please check the news regarding the future of this site here.

Share | 

Rating System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we have a Rating System?
Yes
Rating System Icon_voting_bar74%Rating System Icon_voting_bar
 74% [ 14 ]
No
Rating System Icon_voting_bar26%Rating System Icon_voting_bar
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
GoreQuench-
Admin
Admin
GoreQuench-

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 5:35 pm

I already mentioned this ideo to Brian, but basically the idea would be to start a Rating system, where everyone would vote, on a scale of 1- 10, the overall skill of everyone else. All the ratings would be averaged, and the overall rating would be displayed near the person's name, next to the Legend Status and Rep. I know there could be some problems with this, some people would give someone a 1 just because they don't like that person. So, first of all, do you think it's a good idea, why or why not? And secondly, if the Rating system does go into place, be honest and don't give someone a low rating just to bring their overall rating down because you don't get along, and don't give each other ratings of 10 just because you're friends.
Back to top Go down
RC-blazer
The Hollow One
The Hollow One
RC-blazer

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 5:46 pm

Yesh.
Yesh.
And yep.
Sounds like a really good idea if it can be implimented!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesmaster4ever
iR1SH-ReSiST4NCe
Major
Major
iR1SH-ReSiST4NCe

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 5:57 pm

YES!!!
Back to top Go down
Zackcrazy10
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Zackcrazy10

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 6:06 pm

only promblem is haterz who give u lower rating becous they dont like you or higher rating bcz they like u
Back to top Go down
GoreQuench-
Admin
Admin
GoreQuench-

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 6:18 pm

Yeah, well that's exactly what I said in my post above, but it's the same way with Rep, people sometimes give you negative rep just because they don't like you. It's the same thing here, except this is a measure of skill, not respect.
Back to top Go down
FiiVeZ-X-
General
General
FiiVeZ-X-

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 6:29 pm

wats rep is that respect ? if not there should be a respect bar too.
Back to top Go down
Crucial_X
The Legendary One
The Legendary One
Crucial_X

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 6:43 pm

No Because people well Abuse this system as they have with the reputation. Bad Idea to start off with but at least you try.
Back to top Go down
Tactical-StriX3
COD PWNisher
COD PWNisher
Tactical-StriX3

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 6:54 pm

BULLET_509_ wrote:
wats rep is that respect ? if not there should be a respect bar too.
Rep is reputation xD rep and respect are the same really. And this idea about the rating is kinda the same. People won't go according to skill regardless of what people say saying to. And can admins track or see who's abusing it? I voted yes anyway because it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kingdxify
FiiVeZ-X-
General
General
FiiVeZ-X-

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 7:14 pm

i like ur thinking gore good job Exclamation i agree with this too
Back to top Go down
DAVE_B0XER1
General
General
DAVE_B0XER1

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 7:23 pm

sure gore btw im goin with what zack said too
Back to top Go down
http://www.resistanceonpsp.formoution.com
QuiKShOt
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
QuiKShOt

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 7:24 pm

i dont like this cuz ppl wont be honest since they would hate the person.And most of the ppl that come here,are retired.So it'd be hard for them to judge based on skill
Back to top Go down
BulliesShouldDie
Captain
Captain
BulliesShouldDie

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 7:26 pm

A skill rating system would certainly make things more interesting.
Back to top Go down
DAVE_B0XER1
General
General
DAVE_B0XER1

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2011, 7:43 pm

yea bullie but like QS said about ppl not being honest and hatin on otherz thatz wuts goin to bring gores idea DoWn
Back to top Go down
GoreQuench-
Admin
Admin
GoreQuench-

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 1:47 am

The Mods and Admins can make sure people aren't abusing the system. And to stop people from giving others a ton of negative rep, I have another idea: For every 3 negative rep points you give someone, you should lose one rep point yourself. That way, people would be more careful and less likely to hand out alot of negative rep since it would hurt themselves as well.
Back to top Go down
U mad?
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
U mad?

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 3:03 am

I agree with this one
Back to top Go down
xVoultx
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
xVoultx

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 4:15 am

yea i agree too
Back to top Go down
Poisoned
Lead Admin and Founder
Lead Admin and Founder
Poisoned

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 4:18 am

Gore we aren't freaking rocket scientists. That rep idea is impossible, unless you want to take a shot at coding.
Don't raise their expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.resistanceonvita.forummotion.com
.Rayz
Badass 8]
Badass 8]
.Rayz

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 4:34 am

This is a stupid idea, you cant expect everyone to obide by the rules and vote fairly, and i got a feeling it may cause arguements and shit.

The Rep system is abused and fuckd up still, rep is supposed to be if u helped or posted something usefull or useless, not because ppl dont like you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ychervonyy
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 6:21 am

Poisoned wrote:
Gore we aren't freaking rocket scientists. That rep idea is impossible, unless you want to take a shot at coding.
Don't raise their expectations.
Don't even think you can create stuff like that on forumotion, we should get vB Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tactical-StriX3
COD PWNisher
COD PWNisher
Tactical-StriX3

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 7:14 am

What's vB?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kingdxify
DAVE_B0XER1
General
General
DAVE_B0XER1

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 9:09 am

like they say RULES were made to be broken.... and no im not saying that ill abuse givin -rep or +rep cus i cant even give rep nor -rep to no one
Back to top Go down
ExQlusive
It's DK bitches!
It's DK bitches!
ExQlusive

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 9:58 am

Sure, why not.
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 10:13 am

Tactical-StriX3 wrote:
What's vB?
vBulletin.
Back to top Go down
Poisoned
Lead Admin and Founder
Lead Admin and Founder
Poisoned

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 11:22 am

vBulletin costs $$$
I ain't got zee money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.resistanceonvita.forummotion.com
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 1:17 pm

Poisoned wrote:
vBulletin costs $$$
I ain't got zee money.
vB is free. (sources)
Hosting costs money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rating System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating System   Rating System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rating System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top