HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ResistanceOnPSP! The best RR community.
To chat, login to the chatbox below.
To check your Resistance stats, or the stats of another player, simply click on the "Stats" tab.
The Store has been opened! Click here to see more info: Store info or click on the menu button! | Current store status: Open!
Please check the news regarding the future of this site here.

Share | 

News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Poisoned
Lead Admin and Founder
Lead Admin and Founder
Poisoned

News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Empty
PostSubject: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 3:33 pm

I posted this in Site Updates because it might just be relevant to the site's vital changes. Well, maybe not. Whatever.

Name: Resistance: Burning Skies
Platform: PlayStation Vita
Developer: Nihilistic Software
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Genre: First Person Shooter
Release Date: 2/22/2012
ESRB: RP

There was a trailer on Youtube showing brief multiplayer gameplay of R:BS. There will be a circular mini-map when playing online, NO auto aim (thank god), and you will be able to play as the Chimera now. The "razor" will be returning, and weapon alternatives as well.
Also, as I read in the latest magazine of GameInformer, they had a PS Vita article. They had a half page with information on R:BS. You can upgrade weapons in the game. For example, you can make a semi automatic weapon fully automatic, just like R3, or being able to shoot explosive rounds, like the HE magnum from RR.

Weapons in the game so far:
Axe
Carbine Machine Gun
Gatling Gun
Bullseye (Razor)
M14-type gun (in trailer below)

Multiplayer: (starts at :55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjMPGOAPhA

This will be updated as more information surfaces.

Edit 1: Found trailer, skip to :55 to see brief multiplayer gameplay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.resistanceonvita.forummotion.com
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 5:30 pm

Can't wait till the Vita gets hacked. I see a lot of potential in this game. Bummer I have to learn a new assembly language for it.

Now let the flaming begin.
Back to top Go down
RC-blazer
The Hollow One
The Hollow One
RC-blazer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 6:19 pm

Looks good Bro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesmaster4ever
WhyTomTom
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
WhyTomTom

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 8:39 pm

Is Waffle's goal in life to try and ruin all handheld games?
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 8:42 pm

WhyTomTom wrote:
No.
Back to top Go down
xXTrueZaneXx-
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
xXTrueZaneXx-

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2011, 8:54 pm

Idc not getting not really much
Back to top Go down
Abeastkills
Major
Major
Abeastkills

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 12:30 am

am getting that game for sure!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Abeastkills
RC-blazer
The Hollow One
The Hollow One
RC-blazer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 3:45 pm

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:
No.
I can see you crossing your fingers there. =P
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 4:13 pm

RC-blazer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:
No.
I can see you judging me silently.
Back to top Go down
RC-blazer
The Hollow One
The Hollow One
RC-blazer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 4:20 pm

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
RC-blazer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:
No.
I can see you judging me silently.
Stalker-ish RC is Stalker-ish.
So you gonna get theV ita and poke around in it, see what you can do?
Back to top Go down
QuiKShOt
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
QuiKShOt

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 4:30 pm

WhyTomTom wrote:

Thats why you shouldnt waste your money on a new handheld that wont take long to be hacked.
Remember what we are talking about,a product made by sony.
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 6:30 pm

QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Thats why you shouldnt waste your money on a new handheld that wont take long to be hacked.
A product made by the company who managed to make the console that took longest of all to be hacked.

Yes, indeed.
Back to top Go down
QuiKShOt
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
QuiKShOt

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 6:46 pm

ima user of sony products such as psp and ps3.but still.....Look how fast the psp go and psp 3000 was? and look how easily the ps3 is hackable.
Now a days you dont even need a pandora.Just a simple file needs to be placed and run on your psp and your set.

The hackers of this generation are advancing fast,So no telling if this vita will be easy for them,or not haha

Also remember i never hear of hackers or anything on xbox,but theres many complaints about psp and ps3.
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 2:28 am

QuiKShOt wrote:
ima user of sony products such as psp and ps3.but still.....Look how fast the psp go and psp 3000 was? and look how easily the ps3 is hackable.
Now a days you dont even need a pandora.Just a simple file needs to be placed and run on your psp and your set.

The hackers of this generation are advancing fast,So no telling if this vita will be easy for them,or not haha

Also remember i never hear of hackers or anything on xbox,but theres many complaints about psp and ps3.
Xbox has been hacked long before PS3...
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 5:10 am

Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

A product made by the company who managed to make the console that took longest of all to be hacked.

Yes, indeed.
The company why placed the most important key of all for the PSP in the PS3 Firmware? The company who can't secure their servers for shit?

You know why the PS3 was hacked? Because the random number Sony was using wasn't random at all.

You find that secure?
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 10:59 am

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.
The company why placed the most important key of all for the PSP in the PS3 Firmware? The company who can't secure their servers for shit?

You know why the PS3 was hacked? Because the random number Sony was using wasn't random at all.

You find that secure?
Well I don't know too much about PSN, but I'm pretty sure that the PS3 was the most hacker-immune console these past 5-6 years.
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 1:13 pm

Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
Well I don't know too much about PSN, but I'm pretty sure that the PS3 was the most hacker-immune console these past 5-6 years.
Can be, but the way HOW it was hacked is what matters.
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 1:29 pm

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 5:36 pm

Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
The random number wasn't random.
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2011, 5:43 pm

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
Random number for what?

Sorry, I'm completely useless when it comes to such things.
Back to top Go down
WhyTomTom
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
WhyTomTom

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 12:16 am

Hackers are advancing faster than cyber security.
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 10:47 am

Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
Random number for what?

I don't know any details, but the PS3 security used a "random number", and because this number wasn't actually random, they could hack it.
Back to top Go down
Clovenizer
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Clovenizer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 11:25 am

+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
Random number for what?

I don't know any details, but the PS3 security used a "random number", and because this number wasn't actually random, they could hack it.
I see. That's a pretty stupid error on their part.
Back to top Go down
+Mr_Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
The Mighty Waffle
+Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 4:01 pm

Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
+Mr_Waffle wrote:
Clovenizer wrote:
QuiKShOt wrote:
WhyTomTom wrote:

Yes, indeed.

You find that secure?
I suppose that is true.

How was it hacked?
Random number for what?

I see. That's a pretty stupid error on their part.
Same as with the PSP with 1.00 firmware. They commented out debug modules in the firmware, so that it wouldn't be used. This is how the pandora was made.

Something else is this: Kernel modules have special access. How do you gain kernel access? Tell the module it's a kernel module and it will oblige.

These are all stupid errors that just points out that Sony is terrible when it comes to software and it's protection.
Sony should stick to hardware and leave the software to other companies.
Back to top Go down
RC-blazer
The Hollow One
The Hollow One
RC-blazer

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 7:58 pm

Quote pyramid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies   News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News Regarding Resistance: Burning Skies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top